Florida Law requires (section 316.193 of the Florida Statutes) requires that interlock devices be installed on vehicles of drivers that are convicted of a DUI.
When you are convicted of a DUI in Florida you lose your license. The length of time you lose your license depends on your individual case. When you are eligible to get your license reinstated you may be required to have an ignition interlock device installed in your car
DUI Conviction / Ignition Interlock Requirement
- First DUI Conviction / If court ordered
- First Conviction if 0.15 or minor in car / 6 continuous months
- Second Conviction / At least 1 year
- Second Conviction if 0.15 or minor in car / At least 2 continuous years
- Third Conviction / At least 2 continuous years
- Four or more Convictions / At least 5 continuous years
For more information call us at (904) 399-3119 or email us at Interlock.