NEFSC offers the State Approved 12 hour Level 1 course for the first time offender. This is the required course of attendance for persons with the following:
- Refusal DUI reduced to WWRD if substance abuse related
- Boating under the influence
- Arrests/convictions requiring Department and/or court
To register for a DUI course offered by the Northeast Florida Safety Council, you must live, work, or attend school in Duval, Baker, Clay, Columbia (Hamilton, Lafayette, Suwannee), Nassau or St Johns County.
To register for DUI Level 1 class you must come into the office with the following required paperwork:
- Photo Identification: If DUI was received on a Florida Driver License you must have Florida ID. Valid US Passport or Military ID may be used if DUI was received on Out of State Driver’s License
- Complete arrest report
- Court orders ( if applicable)
- Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) test results or Refusal affidavit
- Name of probation officer (if applicable)
The program includes a required DUI evaluation to determine risk(s) for future substance abuse problems. Referral to licensed substance abuse treatment program will be made for persons meeting criteria for mandatory referral. All services are per Florida Statute 316.193(5) & Administrative Rule 15A-10- Licensure under/Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles.
Visit our information page for class times. For more information, call our office toll free (888) 399-1233 or locally (904) 399-3119.